On 8/31/2001 I officially became a practice owner. It doesn’t seem like it’s been that long and I certainly don’t feel twenty years older! I never could have predicted the advancements in dental medicine, the expansion of my knowledge, the enhancement of my clinical skills, and all of the happenings in our crazy world. Yet, here I am practicing in the age of digital dentistry and living through a pandemic.
When I reflect upon the vision that I had in 2001 I’m happy to say that it has (mostly) come to fruition. I’m glad I listened to the calling to be in the driver’s seat of my own career. My commitment to serve others and serve the community has remained resolute. In fact, it has been strengthened by the privilege to help out with the vaccine distribution.
So many feelings, so many people to thank
When I reflect upon the past 20 years, I have unlimited gratitude and appreciation for so many things. Here are just a few that I would like to acknowledge:
I would not be where I am without a great upbringing
- For the courage, love, and support of my parents who believed in me and encouraged me to give this practice ownership thing a try.
- For my small-town upbringing. Little old Mechanicville, NY instilled in me that everyone is welcome, and you should always help others. If you feel like you are treated like family here it’s because in my town that’s how everyone acted. Friends and neighbors were family and to me, you are all my extended family.
I have surrounded myself with the best of the best
- For the wonderful, loyal, hard-working, talented staff of FVD. I cannot give my staff enough credit here. They are the backbone of the office and I could not do what I do without each and every one of them pitching in and playing their part. They believe in me and my commitment to honest treatment planning, and they exceed my expectation for outstanding clinical work. Each staff member here is the best of the best and I am forever indebted to their commitment to my vision and goals.
- For the opportunity to work alongside an incredibly smart, talented dentist such as Dr. Krause. (And I’m not just saying that because he is also my husband and favorite person in the entire world!) I’m constantly in awe of his exquisite work and he inspires me every day to improve my knowledge and skills
My gratitude for your trust runs deep
- For you, the wonderful, loyal, diverse patients that have made Farmington Village Dental their dental home. The fact that you have chosen us and trust us for your dental care is not something I take for granted. In fact, I am honored and humbled that you have chosen us. I am blessed beyond belief to get to experience the magic of transforming people’s health for the better.
My standards for myself and others have always been high, but this past 20 years has taught me that high standards are achievable if you work hard enough and surround yourself with the right people.
Here’s to the future!