Losing one or more teeth doesn’t have to spell the end of your, beautiful, natural-looking smile.
At Farmington Village Dental, we’ve restored and rejuvenated many patients’ smiles and protected their oral health for future years with dental implants in Farmington.
Did you know … if you happen to lose just one tooth due to gum disease, decay, or trauma, neighboring teeth will shift, changing in the way your teeth fit together. This could create pain and affect enjoyment of your favorite foods. It could also cause a change of facial structure and, depending on the location of the lost tooth or teeth, it can make speaking embarrassing and difficult. For most people, a gap in their smile also means a sharp decline in self-esteem.
We have an excellent way to get you off the slippery slope and return you to optimum oral health … and it could be by placing a dental implant.
An implant is a replacement tooth root and crown that permanently replaces the lost tooth – or teeth.
Here are a few of the numerous benefits of dental implants …
- Save your smile. By getting implants immediately after tooth loss, you can prevent bone loss and maintain – or even improve – your facial appearance.
- Enjoy eating your favorite foods just like you did with your natural teeth (or maybe even more). Pain or discomfort won’t get in your way!
- Speak clearly. Since implants don’t slip, click, or shift, you’ll deliver your next speech or have a one-on-one conversation with well-founded confidence.
- Restore self-esteem. With a complete smile, you are much more likely to share it with those around you.
- Easy care. There are no special instructions for caring for your implant(s). Your excellent home care and regular professional hygiene visits are all you need.
- Dental implants have a success rate of 98%.
- Over 36 million Americans are missing all their teeth in one or both jaws.
- 10 million Americans are missing at least one tooth.
- A total of 30% of adults 65-74 years old don’t have any natural teeth.
- When properly cared for, implants can last for years. Risk factors that can affect longevity are related to poor homecare, irregular dental appointments, and illnesses such as diabetes.
Have you recently lost a tooth? Do you have gaps your their smile they want to close? Call now to book a consultation and exam. We’ll examine your unique dental health, discuss your overall health, and talk about dental implant options. We’re a caring team of dental professionals who will help you decide if a dental implant is right for your smile!
Yours in excellent dental health,
Dr. Monique Nadeau, your Farmington Dentist